I’ve learned so much since I started running, even things about myself. I’ve managed, with the help of others, to find ways of doing stuff that works for me and my age which has been a major thing! and since I’ve completed the Dopey Challenge I’ve started too write what worked for me and will be posting a series called Running After 50.
But it seems the more I learn the more I don’t know, there seems to be always something. Questions linger about our sport some little and mundane, some much larger. Like these;
- If you should drink 4 to 6 oz every 20 minutes during a race, how much should you drink during a race where it’s high humidity like in the Philippines or Thailand. I’ve not really found a good answer for this most just say ‘more’.
- Why do people cheat at races that they have paid to enter? It boggles the mind! I’ve seen it happen on the small venue 5K’s and on trail runs; but never realized at the scale it happens until I found the cheatRunDisney blog. This blogger does a great job of exposing these cheatin’ cretin’s. But why… so stupid…
- What is the etiquette for farting during a race? I’ve master the art of running and farting, that’s what us old people do; yeah.. just admit it oldie… you know you do it.
- Do people really run in virtual races? Like this Make YES! Happen Route 66 Race the medal looks cool and its tempting.
- What is too much running at what point do the benefits diminish? Man this one is so controversial that you go cross eye’ed reading all the pro and con information.
- Why do I spend so much time trying to figure out what shoes I want to run in each day. Brooks Ravenna 5 or Sauconey Cohesion 7’s ack… the choices….
- Bandaids or Body Glide?
- What do you do with all these finisher medals? The peg in my closet is getting full and I’ve no clue what to do with all of them.